Release of the CD only, the book stays out of print.
The Way It Was
3.0 / 5
- Words (1970/07/14, rehearsal)
- The Next Step Is Love (1970/07/14, rehearsal)
- Ghost Riders in the Sky (1970/07/15, rehearsal)
- Love Me (1970/07/15, rehearsal)
- That's All Right, Mama (1970/07/24, rehearsal)
- I Got a Woman (1970/07/24, rehearsal)
- I've Lost You (1970/07/24, rehearsal)
- I Can't Stop Loving You (1970/07/24, rehearsal)
- Just Pretend (1970/07/24, rehearsal)
- Words (1970/07/29, rehearsal)
- I Just Can't Help Believin' (1970/07/29, rehearsal)
- Something (1970/08/04, rehearsal)
- Polk Salad Annie (1970/08/07, rehearsal)
- Mary in the Morning (1970/08/07, rehearsal)
- You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin' (1970/08/10, rehearsal)
- Sweet Caroline (1970/08/10)
- Hound Dog (1970/08/11 Dinner show)
- Heartbreak Hotel (1970/08/11 Dinner show)
- Don't Be Cruel (1970/08/11 Midnight show)
- Blue Suede Shoes (1970/08/12 Dinner show)
- You Don't Have to Say You Love Me (1970/08/12 Dinner show)
- Mystery Train (1970/08/12 Midnight show)
- The Wonder of You (1970/08/13)
- One Night (1970/08/13)
- All Shook Up (1970/08/13)
JerryNodak wrote on March 22, 2008
Didn't buy it before. Won't buy it now.
Rating: 3 / 5
jb gude wrote on April 14, 2008
Quote We are getting all the alternative takes of the masters, so it’s futile to complain there isn’t more. Ernst and team aren’t magicians who can summon material where there isn’t any to be had. In-fact, we can see with the additional rehearsal material, alternative mixes and undubbed masters, they have strived to give us as much new material as possible. In this light, we should rejoice in the new recordings we will get! Unquote Ernst & co do not have to be magicians to put out unrelease alternate takes from these sessions. I do not know the reasons, perhaps it is cost / royalties or maybe just plain cussedness, but there is plenty of unreleased alternate tracks. Have you ever heard imports like " Brightest Star on Sunset Blvd" or " Cream of Culver City" put out 10 or more years ago? Check out the tracks on those compilations, and then perhaps you may like to " Just Pretend" that there are no more alternate/ unreleased material.
Rating: 3 / 5
Greg Nolan wrote on April 29, 2008
Your loss, Jerry. It's a fine collection, with the properly-mixed "Ghost Riders In the Sky" alone worth the price of admission. That said, as someone who shelled out for the book/cd version, I'm disappointed to not now have the digipak container for the disc I've already bought. I made my own artwork via stuff someone on the internet did, but original purchasers certainly deserve more credit than being made to buy it twice. All in all, a neglected item the first time around...
Rating: 5 / 5
Tony D. wrote on May 10, 2008
To Jerry Nodak; why not? Do you not like different versions and unreleased packages?!
Rating: 3 / 5
Cruiser621 wrote on January 26, 2012
When FTD re-releases the King Creole soundtrack minus the over priced and rather expensive book, than perhaps, I'll let them fleece my wallet again; much as the case with this FTD re-release. Talk about con artists!
Rating: 1 / 5