How to review this year’s Christmas escape … one can only review the same material so often...
Guess the most “new” on this release is the cover. You can’t go wrong with a good late fifties picture in my book. Take close look at the original image and this version, the designer photoshopped our man. BMG seems to run out of original input too, the liner notes are short and even mention the words “definitive collection” … this gives me hope I bought my latest Christmas reissue.
This reissue contains Elvis’ two Christmas albums from 1957 and 1971, 23 tracks in total in the original order and remastered quality (DSD). Should I review the content once more? Don’t think so, this material is known by many fans by heart, and probably so by Joe Public as from his entire musical catalogue this is Elvis’ best selling material. Too bad that I only play it in the last two weeks of December, with “Merry Christmas Baby” as the exception, that song even sounds good on a hot sunny day.
A compilation of two original classics, in a 2006 jacket … let’s see what BMG comes up with for 2007. Until then I'll give this one a spin while sitting by the Christmas three.
- Santa Claus Is Back in Town
- White Christmas
- Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)
- I'll Be Home for Christmas
- Blue Christmas
- Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- Silent Night
- Peace in the Valley
- I Believe
- Take My Hand, Precious Lord
- It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- The First Noel
- On A Snowy Christmas Night
- Winter Wonderland
- The Wonderful World of Christmas
- It Won't Seem Like Christmas
- I'll Be Home on Christmas Day
- If I Get Home on Christmas Day
- Holly Leaves and Christmas Trees
- Merry Christmas Baby
- Silver Bells