Go to main content


January 25, 2009 | Other

At the start of this year we asked you if you expect 2009 will be a good Elvis-year. From the 172 voters 88 percent thinks it will while the remaining 12% has a different opinion.

For our new poll we want to know your opinion on the FTD plans to release limited edition vinyls sets, like the announced "Blue Hawaii".

Related links

Buy at OEPFC
Lex wrote on January 25, 2009
The idea is nice, but I would have preferred good albums instead of this miserable release.
Steve V wrote on January 25, 2009
Elvis only made 6 albums in my opinion that were truly classic albums and worthy of a special vinyl release campaign. None of them are soundtracks!
mature_elvis_fan75 wrote on January 26, 2009
Ok im gonna guess the 6 classics are Elvis Presley (First album) Elvis(Second album) Elvis is back, From Elvis in memphis, Back in memphis,& Elvis Country? and no Blue hawaii is far from a classic and while there making records as a special for all the vinl lovers how about make some booklets for there cd's for us lovers of booklets and maybe some artwork classes for those in charge of that!
Steve V wrote on January 26, 2009
Mature, my classic 6 are Elvis(1st), Elvis Presley(2nd), Elvis Is Back, Something For Everybody, From Elvis In Memphis, & Elvis Country. I didnt include Back In Memphis since it first came out as a double LP and anyway I consider all the Memphis songs as one big classic. I also didnt count his Gospel LPs, but they are classics in that genre. I guess I could say 7 and include TTWII.
Cruiser621 wrote on January 26, 2009
This, without a doubt, although acceptable to a point, is the lamest release to put out for release aka the fast buck. Vinyl? I don't think so.
Eap54 wrote on January 26, 2009
I like this album. Saw the movie when it came out truely enjojed it and the songs. I wore out playing my album and had to buy a second to have on hand.
RonBaker wrote on January 26, 2009
I'm not so sure this will yield a 'fast buck'. FTD is supposed to be for Elvis fans...most of whom will have a bazillion releases of this album in vinyl and cd already. I think it would be very low on the 'want list' of most fans.
loftmanuk wrote on January 26, 2009
Can you imangine the condition of this when it comes through the post from EPE.