Released by the Dutch Elvis For Everyone fan club is the CD "EP 18 Singles" featuring Elvis Presley's first 18 singles. Also included is a newly remastered live show and seven special and rare fan additions. This CD is included as a special gift with their new magazine which comes out later this week.
From the press release:
* The number one hits: Heartbreak Hotel, Don't Be Cruel and Love Me Tender.
* Love Me Tender is included as a special mix, including the end theme from the movie.
* March 19, 1955 live show - newly remastered!
* 7 fan additions including:
- Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis and Carl Perkins version)
- Trying To Get To You (Elvis and Roy Orbison version)
- That's All Right (re-creation of the story)
- Red Robinson reports from Elvis in Canada
- Radio spot for Elvis' concert, August 20, 1977
- and 2 others.
For more information on the fan club go to their website.
What a nice looking cover! I can only hope that BMG takes note.
On second thought...it's just like U2 18....but with Elvis on the front...oh well....
Yep, you can't blame them for originality! It's one thing that commercial labels are ripping people of with all those out of copyright discs, you can't expect otherwise. But a fanclub?? Well, somehow I am not surprised in this case...
Which part of the sentence "This CD is included as a special gift with their new magazine which comes out later this week" didn't you get :-) But I guess everybody hops on the bandwagon in the spirit of a former Colonel. Great design though!
Yeah, of course, as if you don't pay it yourself... And the design isn't great, it's copied.
Do we REALLY need all these singles AGAIN?! And how has the 1955 concert been remastered and from what source?!
What is the 'radio spot' for Elvis' august 20th 1977 concert?! IT DIDN'T GO AHEAD!
Simply one of the nicest covers I've ever seen. Kudos.