This is the complete package for the Memphis Recording Service CD release with bonus DVD and book pakckage "New York RCA Studio 1: The Complete Sessions".
From The Press Release:
This next installment from UK ‘Memphis Recording Service’ is released 12th November. This Audio Visual CD release is remastered in high quality sound by Real Bouwman and is by far the best versions ever released. This production is in full cooperation with special thanks to Alfred Wertheimer for rare and some newly discovered photographs for the accompaniment.
• CD contains 39 newly restored and remastered classic recordings including: Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, My Baby Left Me, Session recordings, Interview, Previously Unreleased Material and 3 Bonus tracks.
• Bonus Disc: DVD-AUDIO 5.1/Dolby Digital
The DVD-A version is remastered in high quality 24 bit 96 kHz sound. Experience these recordings in high quality sound for the first time ever. All tracks are accompanied by rare photographs.
• Bonus Book contains full written notes on the all the NY sessions and is accompanied by many photographs including a stunning collection of rare and unpublished shots by Alfred Wertheimer.
01. BLUE SUEDE SHOES
02. MY BABY LEFT ME
03. ONE SIDED LOVE AFFAIR
04. SO GLAD YOU’RE MINE
05. I’M GONNA SIT RIGHT DOWN AND CRY (OVER YOU
06. TUTTI FRUTTI
07. LAWDY, MISS CLAWDY
08. SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL
09. HOUND DOG
10. DON'T BE CRUEL
11. ANYWAY YOU WANT ME (THAT'S HOW I WILL BE)
12. DON DAVIS INTERVIEWS ELVIS
LAWDY MISS CLAWDY
13. take 1 & incomplete take 2 2.40
14. take 3 2.19
15. take 4 2.18
16. take 5 2.20
17. take 6 2.20
18. take 7 1.51
19. take 8 0.59
20. take 9 2.15
21. take 10 2.29
22. take 11 0.12
23. take 12 2.20
SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL
24. take 1 0.37
25. take 2 2.35
26. take 3 0.19
27. take 5 0.47 (take 4, not called)
28. take 6 0.34
29. take 7 2.38
30. take 8 2.36
31. take 9 0.21
32. take 10 0.11
33. take 11 0.14
34. take 12 1.41
35. take 12 2.34 (Unedited Undubbed Master)
36. take 12 2.26 (Edit Undubbed Master) * Previously Unreleased
BONUS TRACKS (ON CD ONLY)
Previous Artist Versions.
37. MY BABY LEFT ME - Performed by Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup
38. HOUND DOG - Performed by Freddie Bell and the Bell Boys
39. SO GLAD YOU’RE MINE - Performed by Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup
Complete New York RCA Studio 1 PackageOctober 10, 2007 | Music Source:Various
Duncs wrote on October 11, 2007
Wow - this looks fab ! I'm getting a bit bored with the live Vegas CD's I just can't take another version of Polk - I said Polk Salad Annie !
Steve V wrote on October 12, 2007
Would love to just have the book. I attended the Elvis convention in New York in 1978 and Alfred actaully had a table set up where he was selling many of his photos (right from the negative!). How times have changed. Well, I bought a few. The studio shots were awesome. I have about 6 of them. Would love to get this book to see all of them.
Greg Nolan wrote on October 13, 2007
This can hardly be the definitive Alfred Wertheimer Elvis photo collection and I don't think it's intended to be that either. I think "ELVIS AT 21" was the latest deluxe photo book to collect these great pictures, which came out in the last year or so. That's on my wish-list. As for this set, I pretty-well satiated by FTD's excellent "ELVIS PRESLEY" classic album set on two discs, as remastered so well by Kevan Budd. I can't imagine this being superior for all the reasons others have cited, but I'll keep an open mind and wait for more reviews, as MRS has been behind some nifty releases...
Steve V wrote on October 16, 2007
Yes Elvis At 21 is the definitive book for Alfred's photos. Ive sold all the other books as this one makes the others seem non-essential. Get it if you can.
schemies wrote on November 28, 2007
I have just seen that you can buy this album at iTunes for €9,99 in Europe.