Just released is volume 4 of the "Tiger Man - An Alternate Anthology" import series. This edition contains 26 alternate recordings from 1969 to 1977. This CD should contain 9 previously unreleased tracks and all tracks are remastered and available in the best sound quality according to the update. The previous releases in this series contained no unreleased material.
1. You’ll Think Of Me alternate mix
2. In The Ghetto unreleased unfinished master
3. Rubberneckin’ unreleased unfinished master
4. Wearin’ That Loved On Look alternate mix
5. Suspicious Minds unreleased unfinished master
6. True Love Travels On A Gravel Road take 9 & 8
7. Power Of My Love takes 4, 5 & 6
8. The Fair Is Moving On alternate mix
9. Proud Mary live, undubbed master
10. I’ve Lost You undubbed master
11. If I Were You unedited take 5
12. Suspicious Minds rehearsal
13. Stranger In My Own Home Town unedited version
14. Reach Out To Jesus unreleased Elvis’ vocal version
15. Never Been To Spain live
16. Hawaiian Wedding Song stage recording, take 1 & 2
17. No More stage recording, take 2
18. Hawaiian Wedding Song stage recording, take 3
19. Early Morning Rain stage recording, master take
20. Mr. Songman unreleased alternate mix
21. There’s A Honkey Tonk Angel undubbed master
22. Down In The Alley informal recording
23. Hurt undubbed master take
24. Love Coming Down undubbed master take
25. Way Down alternate undubbed master
26. Unchained Melody live, without overdubs
Tiger Man - An Alternate Anthology Volume 4September 20, 2006 | Music Source:Elvis For Everyone Fan Club
thenexte wrote on September 20, 2006
Notice the wording "should contain 9 previously unreleased tracks". Upon further inspection it turns out all of the tracks on this collection are indeed sourced from the arsenal of Sgt. Bilko: Edge of reality, American rejects, There's always me, More pure Elvis, etc.
Martin DJ wrote on September 20, 2006
Proud Mary live an "undubbed master"? Is there a dubbed live version in existence?
dannyboy1 wrote on September 20, 2006
Yes, the February 1970 recording was tidied up for release on the ON STAGE LP.
JimmyCool wrote on September 21, 2006
Nothing new to my ears... but what'd they mean by "Unfinished Master"'? But I'm suspecting it's just the "riugh mix" of the masters... hope the quality is top notch, or it won't be worthy.
Ronaldv wrote on September 21, 2006
nothing wrong with this great release. fantastic sound. the other volumes are worthwile, too.
wayup wrote on September 21, 2006
Open your eyes, folks. No single unreleased track on this rubbish. A lot of "alternate" words for tracks which are no alternate. Nothing new at all.
Ciscoking wrote on September 21, 2006
Like the rest of this series...skip it..
RonBaker wrote on September 21, 2006
Ah, but it's a great cover! Maybe BMG should take a look. The last few attempts at designing an Elvis album cover have been amateurish at best!
mature_elvis_fan75 wrote on September 21, 2006
jeremytcb wrote on September 22, 2006
I don't get the cover...they call it Tiger Man but they pick a photo of Elvis (while great) that looks more like a lamb than a Tiger Man...lots of great stage shots that would fit the title much better.
Ronaldv wrote on September 22, 2006
I received the cd yesterday, really great tracks! listen to the rehearsal of suspicious minds and you're flabbergasted!!! reach out to jesus and if I were you are winners, too. these outtakes of power of my love! i haven't heard these takes before. and all this in overall great sound. what should need an elvis fan more??
Jerome wrote on September 22, 2006
Dear mature mature_elvis_fan75 , Explain yourself with your comment J.U.N.K.. Is that an alternate recording too?
Renan Augusto wrote on September 22, 2006
Don´t waste your money on this release......
mature_elvis_fan75 wrote on September 22, 2006
J.U.N.K was elvis follow up to T.R.O.U.B.L.E havnt you heard it? releases like this are just taken from other cd's and nothing im interest in,much more intersting things to spend my money on,of course to each is own!
Jerome wrote on September 22, 2006
ok, I understand. Partly because I'm not english/american I thought youv referred with JUNK to Elvis himself, regarding the picture of the sleeve..
Rob V wrote on September 22, 2006
This label doesn't give proper info regarding the track listing. Alternate mix - can mean anything. Most likely, previously released material. The're just not listing it.
Devon wrote on September 24, 2006
Not for me people, save your money.
mature_elvis_fan75 wrote on October 04, 2006
Me call elvis junk? never, i love the guy!