Yesterday, April 21, not only the English queen had her birthday but it was also Record Store Day. Therefore the British MRS (Memphis Recording Service) decided to release a LP of The King: RCA Studio 1, The New York Sessions.
The front has the same picture as the CD set from over a decade ago (2007 !). The back and pull out carries more stunning Wertheimer pictures. The inside of the inlay is also in full colour.
With tracks like these one can’t go wrong. No need to go through the tracks with you I suppose, and indeed, do we really need more carriers with these songs on them? No, we don’t. But I for one had the LP for over a week now (oops) on my turntable and enjoyed every spin of it.
For die hard collectors and the casual music lover that catches it in record stores (hence the day!). I am pretty sure this is a better introduction to Elvis’ legacy than the RPO shite.
01. Blue Suede Shoes
02. My Baby Left Me
03. One-Sided Love Affair
04. So Glad Your Mine
05. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry
06. Tutti Frutti
07. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy
08. Shake, Rattle & Roll
09. Hound Dog
10. Don't Be Cruel
11. Anyway You Want Me
01. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 6)
02. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 7
03. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 8 & 9)
04. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 11 & 12)
05. Shake, Rattle & Roll (Take 1-3)
06. Shake, Rattle & Roll (Take 5-7)
07. Shake, Rattle & Roll (Take 8)
08. Shake, Rattle & Roll (Take 9-11
09. Shake, Rattle & Roll (Take 12 Undubbed Edit Master)