The August 13th Graceland-Authenticated Auction Will Feature Artifacts from Elvis’ Personal and Professional Life Including His 14k Large Diamond Stage Ring Gifted to JD Sumner in 1974 and the Historic Elvis, Gladys and Vernon Presley Signed Agreement Giving Colonel Tom Parker a Portion of Elvis’ Publishing Rights
A highlight during Elvis Week 2019 is The Auction at Graceland when collectors, fans and pop culture enthusiasts from around the world will raise their paddles to bid in hopes of going home with a piece of Elvis history. The auction will include over 400 artifacts from across the spectrum of collecting, including items owned by Elvis, gifted by Elvis, signed by Elvis, used by Elvis and created to promote the king and his career. Every lot in this auction has been thoroughly researched and certified by Graceland Authenticated, the authority in Elvis and pop culture authentication.
Online bidding is now open for the auction, which will be held on Tuesday, August 13 at 12:00 p.m. EDT/11:00 a.m. CDT in the theater at The Guest House at Graceland, and online at www.gracelandauctions.com. Every artifact is authenticated by Graceland Authenticated, LLC. All the items in the auction will be offered from third-party collectors and none of the items will come from the treasured Graceland Archives. The mansion and all artifacts in the Graceland Archives continue to be owned by Lisa Marie Presley and are not for sale.
Auction highlights include (dollar amounts are estimates):
- 1970s Elvis Presley’s 14k Large Diamond Stage Ring Gifted to JD Sumner in 1974 - Former Mike Moon Collection - $40-50,000
- Incredible Elvis Presley Pictorial Poster for September 2, 1957, Concert at Portland’s Multnomah Stadium - $30-50,000
- Elvis Presley Owned Custom Black Three-Piece Tuxedo Made for His 1969 Film "The Trouble with Girls" - Former Mike Moon Collection - $25-30,000
- Elvis Presley, Vernon Presley and Gladys Presley Signed November 21, 1955, Agreement Giving Colonel Tom Parker a Portion of Elvis’ Publishing Rights - $10-20,000
- Impressive 22.18 ct Opal and Diamond Ring that Elvis Presley Gifted to Linda Thompson - $10-15,000
- 1970 Elvis Presley’s U.S. FDA Drug Abuse Control Badge Gifted to Sonny West - Former Mike Moon Collection - $10-15,000
- Elvis Presley Signed Guitar – Signed in Concert - $8-12,000
- 1970s Elvis Presley’s IC Costume Brown Patterned Shirt Gifted to Ed Hill - Former Mike Moon Collection - $8-10,000
- Immaculate 1954 Sun Records 209 Unplayed 45 RPM 7-Inch Single of Elvis Presley's “That's All Right” and “Blue Moon of Kentucky” - Memphis Pressing - $8-10,000
- 1973 Elvis Presley’s Stage Worn Scarf from “Aloha from Hawaii” Afternoon Concert Rehearsal Scarf with Heavy Makeup and Original Concert Ticket Stub - $6-8,000
- 1960 RCA Award to Colonel Tom Parker for Making the Sales of Elvis Presley’s Extended Play Album "King Creole, Volume 1" “One of the Greatest Achievements in the History of the Record Industry” - $5-10,000
- Elvis Presley Signed 1974 Realtor Agreement to Sell His Monovale Drive Beverly Hills Home - $4-6,000
- Black Kaftan Robe Gifted by Elvis Presley to Larry Gellar’s Wife Celeste - $4-6,000
- RIAA Gold Record Award for Elvis Presley’s 1973 Soundtrack LP "Aloha from Hawaii" – Certified in 1973 - White Linen Matte Style - $3-5,000
- Elvis Presley, Nick Adams and Natalie Wood Signed Check - $3-5,000
- Elvis Presley Double Signed and Inscribed "Loving You" Soundtrack Album with Photo of Fan With Elvis and Newspaper Clippings Describing the Meeting - $3-5,000
- 1956 Elvis Presley Signed “Love Me Tender” EP – Likely Signed While Playing Football in a Memphis Park - $3-5,000
- Set of Five Color Vinyl Test Pressings of Elvis Presley Single “Moody Blue”/"She Thinks I Still Care” - Made by Ernie Ruggieri, RCA VP of Manufacturing - $3-5,000
- Elvis Presley Wardrobe Shirt from 1969 Film "Charro" - $8-10,000
- 1967 Elvis Presley’s Graceland Saddle Made by Mike McGregor - $20-30,000
Highlights will be displayed at Elvis Presley’s Memphis from July 26 - August 10 and at The Guest House at Graceland on August 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Rock conference room.
The Auction at Graceland collectible catalog is available for pre-order and features more than 250 pages of photos and details of all the auction items. Collectors wishing to bid in the live auction event can register for a paddle on Monday, August 12 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Rock Conference Room at The Guest House at Graceland. Online bidding is now open.