FTD will release a 2 LP involving the album Elvis Now. Hey Jude is omitted, since it will appear on a future release concerning the American Sound sessions.
01. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread) – take 6 (2:48)
02. Help Me Make It Through The Night – take 3 (3.07)
03. Miracle Of The Rosary – take 1 (1:54)
04. Early Mornin’ Rain – takes 1,2,9 (3:41)
05. Put Your Hand In The Hand – take 1 (3:15)
06. Until It’s Time For You To Go – take 5(4:21)
01, Sylvia – takes 3,4,9 (7.04)
02. We Can Make The Morning – master (3:55)
03. I Shall Be Released – informal recording (0.48)
04. It’s Only Love – takes 6,7 (3:02)
05. Love Me, Love The Life I Lead - takes 5,6 (3.45)
01. I’m Leavin’ – take 1 (4.07)
02. It’s Only Love – takes 8.9 (5:31)
03. (That’s What You Get) For Lovin’ Me – takes 9,10 (3.21)
04. Help Me Make It Through The Night – take 15 (2.44)
05. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread) – take 10 (3.08)
01. Early Mornin’ Rain – take 11 (3:37)
02. I’m Leavin’ – takes 2,3 (3.48)
03. Lady Madonna (1:45)
04. Help Me Make It Through The Night – takes 8-10 (4.18)
05. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread) – takes 11,12,14 (5:06)
Fantastic news a further American Sound FTD appears on the cards, very excited bring it on !!! Thank You.
Albums done with cd masters? how exciting!!!!
I adore these vinyl releases from FTD, top quality and an essential buy
This is not my kind of album , sent shivers down my spine with poor production .I was in Hong Kong at the time of the release and bought it there , cassette actually . The songs where a poor choice but I am sure a lot of fans enjoy it , to each his own . Have not played it for years cant remember when .This album was the beginning of the end for me . I'm Leavin' is the most unusual SINGLE song that I think that Elvis recorded , just don"t seem to able to put my finger on it for better explanation , failed to chart in Australia . .
I stopped buying the vinyl releases a few years back. Too expensive, and as another poster points out it's a vinyl release from digital masters. So you don't get true vinyl sound. I've already got the FTD CD of Elvis-Now. I notice at the top of the page it notes that Hey Jude has been omitted because it will appear on a future release dealing with the American Sound sessions. Maybe i've missed something, but haven't there been several of those already? i have them all. I'm NOT buying another. I don't care what is or isn't included. Go find another sucker, SONY.
Why hasn't this got the original album in it? How are younger fans going to be introduced to the legacy of Elvis? Outtakes would have been better on a second disc.
circleG, agreed, you have a point here ! Always El.
These vinyl releases seek to present an alternative version of the original album using out-takes. That is why the original album is not contained within them.
I get that Tony C but that then begs the question why the original album hasn't been re-released on vinyl.
it broke my heart to be In HMV and be told that people are crying out for original Elvis albums on vinyl but nothing is available.
circleG, the original album hasn't been re-released on vinyl probably because it's not a true classic.
Fair point Memphisfan but doesn't what constitutes a classic depend on the public? As Steve V once said the public have no idea what a classic Elvis album is because of Sony's preference to compilations.
I remember when Ernst said Elvis On Tour material was waiting a DVD release before FTD would do it. That day has long come and gone. Why on earth are they not touching the On Tour, Elvis at the height of his vocal ability? Commercially, it would make much more sense! I think a 5 disc box set of all 4 concerts plus the studio stuff would be one of FTD's top sellers of all time. Is there anyone here on this thread that can get through to the powers that be?
is there anything on this not out already on the ftd release?