A new TV commercial for Heineken now airing in Ireland features music from the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Heineken fans and music lovers alike can get a sneak peek by ‘Shazaming’ the song from the ad, "Bossa Nova Baby," a classic Elvis movie tune included on "Viva ELVIS - The Album," when they hear the re-mix track played on the radio.
"Bossa Nova Baby" makes the perfect soundtrack for the ad, which highlights the benefit of taking control of your own destiny and putting yourself in the middle of the action, just as Elvis did during his amazing music, film and television career. The song comes from the companion studio album to Viva ELVIS by Cirque du Soleil.
Elvis fans in Ireland who Shazam the music from the ad on TV will also be added into a competition to win a trip to Graceland!
The prize includes:
• Round-trip coach class air transportation for two to Memphis
• Four nights hotel accommodations at Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel
• Two Graceland platinum tour tickets
• Two tour tickets to Sun Studio
• Two tour tickets to the Stax Museum of American Soul Music
• Two tour tickets to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum
• Two tour tickets to Dixon Gallery and Gardens
• Two tour tickets to the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
• The winner’s photo in front of Graceland will be posted on Elvis.com
• Guest DJ experience on SiriusXM's Elvis Radio
• A week's worth of Elvis t-shirts from Zion Rootswear
Since the song was from "Fun In Acapulco", I'm surprised "Corona" Beer didn't pick-up on it. There's also a little "Hard Headed Woman" tweeked in there!
Like i said before, they are going to start to discover how well done the "Viva Elvis" album really is and how great the music is. That album is a sleeping giant waiting to be awakened!!!!
This Bossa Nova Baby re-mix of the Viva Elvis CD was (and still is!) the most commercial track on the album. (Unfortunately BMG/SONY gave most of the publicity to the many Love Me Tender duets in 2010). Hopefully they have come to their senses and jump on the bandwagon while this Heineken commercial is shown in 2011. Just like they did when Nike supplied the 'airplay' for ALLC. This songs really stands out from the rest, and there is a big beer company supporting the track. So with some extra effort from SONY this song may chart! (Fingers crossed!). PS: does anybody know whether this commercial is strictly for the Irish market, or that it will be seen in other countries too??
Sony (UK) are interested in this one. I suspect they will wait to see what the reaction is in Ireland and then if successful persuade Heineken to place the advert on UK TV. A single could then be released.
Agree with everyone here, best song off the Viva album, always a catchy tune anyway but don't see this doing anything chartwise like ALLC. Think the time has now passed and i don't think we'll see Elvis do anything chartwise again.