This quarter's regular 5” digipack release is available for pre-order. It covers Elvis’ engagement at The Las Vegas Hilton in January-February, 1972. RCA did not record entire shows, and several of the new songs Elvis had added to his shows were only recorded once. The consequence is that the main body of the CD – the RCA recordings – feature several previously released versions. Soundboard (informal) recordings of other song performances during the envagement were added to the end of the disc in order to make this as representative as possible of Elvis’ repertoire at that time.
1. Also Sprach Zarathustra (15/Midnight) 1:13
(Richard Strauss – P.D.)
2. See See Rider (15/Midnight) 2:47
(Traditional; Arr. By Elvis Presley)
3. Proud Mary (15/Midnight) 2:34
4. Never Been To Spain (15/Midnight) 3:29
5. You Gave Me A Mountain (15/Midnight) 3:11
6. Love Me (15/Midnight) 1:43
(Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
7. All Shook Up (15/Midnight) 1:01
(Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
8. Teddy Bear / Don’t Be Cruel (15/Midnight) 1:57
(Kal Mann/Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
9. Hound Dog (15/Midnight) 1:57
(Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
10. Little Sister / Get Back (14/Midnight)* 1:53
(Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman) / (Lennon/Mccartney)
11. It’s Impossible (16/Midnight)* 4:15
(Sid Wayne/A. Manzanero)
12. It’s Over (17/Dinner)* 2:23
13. The Impossible Dream (16/Midnight)* 2:34
(Mitch Leigh/Joe Darion)
14. A Big Hunk O’ Love (14/Midnight)* 2:06
(Aaron Schroeder/Sid Wyche)
15. An American Trilogy (14/Midnight) 4:33
16. Can’t Help Falling In Love (15/Midnight) 1:39
(Hugo Peretti/Luigi Creatore/George Weiss)
17. Closing Riff (15/Midnight) 0:25
18. Until It’s Time For You To Go 3:50
19. Polk Salad Annie 3:02
(Tony Joe White)
20. One Night 1:28
(Dave Bartholomew/Pearl King)
21. Bridge Over Troubled Water 4:15
22. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy 2:07
23. I’ll Remember You 2:47
24. Suspicious Minds 5:31
Recorded at The Hilton, Las Vegas.
Tracks 1-17: RCA recordings. February 14-17, 1972.
Tracks 18-24: A soundboard recording of the opening show January 26, 1972.
An American Trilogy - Available For Pre-orderMarch 01, 2007 | Music
PTCJones wrote on March 02, 2007
Love the cover
mature_elvis_fan75 wrote on March 02, 2007
I also like the cover,and will get this release,next should be nashville 71,and no i dont want it on a classic album!
Anton wrote on March 02, 2007
Fab !!!The only thing I would have liked on that one is a remastered version by BMG as bonus of "Ineed your loving everyday" that our King sang in 1971/72 in Vegas. Same goes for "I'm leavin it up to you" and Oh Happy day (bootleg version- much better than released one) But now this is a good CD. And since we are now in 1972, when does BMG plan to release the EonTour 4CDBox on FTD PLUS a DVD with those 12 concerts (no nonsense interviews or junk, just our King singing on stage in those 12 cities...with great renditions) W h e n ? Does anyone have more inside info in the BMG thinking?Henrik? Chris? Please let us know or give us at least an idea....