Day by day

Select a date
View November 24 in ElvisNews History
Elvis met Tom Diskin at Roswell, a hotel in New Mexico, no later than 3.00 p.m. after instructions from the Colonel, in order to do radio promotion and to get the schedule for Elvis' first appearance that evening on the Hank Snow Jamboree tour.
Elvis performed at the North Junior High School Auditorium, Roswell at 7.30 and 9.30 p.m.
Elvis performed at the Charles L.Coon High School, Wilson, North Carolina at 7.00 and 9.00 p.m. There was a 3rd show added at 11.00 p.m. The other performers refused to play the last show, until the Colonel promised them extra pay.
Elvis re-recorded both fast and slow versions of Loving You at Radio Recorders. RCA informed Elvis that it was exercising its option to extend the term of his contract, currently due to expire on October 15, 1961, until October 15, 1966.
While at home at Graceland, Elvis frequently screened motion pictures, both current and historic, in the basement TV room on a 16mm projector supplied by RCA.
Elvis interrupted his Vegas stay to travel to Long Beach, California, for presentation of the Potomac to Danny Thomas on behalf of St Jude's Hospital in Memphis.
Elvis attended a music meeting to select songs for the soundtrack.
From Harry Levitch Elvis bought a man's white gold horseshoe ring for $475, a lady's horseshoe pin for $ 475, and a special Valentine's charm.
Elvis and Priscilla went to Gladys' grave and left some flowers and a card (from "Elvis-Priscilla-Lisa Marie"), with special orders that the card had to be burned along with the flowers when they wilted.
RCA taped both dinner and midnight shows primarily for the purpose of recording newly introduced songs. Felton Jarvis supervised the taping, but his health problems had worsened and he required dialysis treatment several times a week. The intended life album never actually materializes, but the recordings would show up on various subsequent releases.
The Hilton released this announcement before the dinner show: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis because of illness was unable to do his late show last night. He did, however , do the dinner show last night against doctor's advice. Again, tonight, he was asked by his doctors not to do a show, but he wants to do the best he can. He does not want to disappoint the people who came to see him. There will be no late show tonight. Thank You."
Elvis was discharged from the hospital, but in order to avoid crowds of fans this was done between midnight and 1.00 a.m. He returned to Graceland to recuperate. Dr.Nick had hoped to regulate Elvis' medication and diet and began a routine, in which either he or his nurse, would stop by Graceland every day to dispense the allotted prescriptions. Dr. Nick also encouraged Elvis to play racquetball with him as often as he could and he spent time in discussion with Elvis. Elvis got "laugh therapy" from his constant viewing of old Monty Python episodes, which he knew by heart now.
Elvis performed at the Bay front Center, St. Petersburg, Florida.
next page on elvis presley