Elvis Radio, the world’s first and only full-time, commercial-free, all-Elvis Presley music channel, celebrates the 70th anniversary of the birth date of the “King of Rock n’ Roll” on Saturday, January 8, with special broadcasts, host and guests. Elvis Radio, created in conjunction with Elvis Presley Enterprises, is heard exclusively on SIRIUS Satellite Radio, channel 13.
- Gordon Stoker and Ray Walker of The Jordanaires, Elvis’ backup group, will visit the Elvis Radio studio at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee at 10 am CT to talk about singing with Elvis.
- At 11 am CT, SIRIUS on-air host Mojo Nixon – who can usually be heard as the afternoon on-air host of commercial-free SIRIUS music channel 36, Outlaw Country, and who penned and recorded the hit song “Elvis Is Everywhere” in 1987 – will host Elvis Radio from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Nixon (a huge Elvis Presley fan himself) will be speaking to the following scheduled guests, who knew Elvis from his many Las Vegas stays:
- Dick Grob, head of security for Elvis in Las Vegas; Ed Bonja, photographer employed by Elvis and Col. Tom Parker starting in 1964; Cynthia Pepper, Elvis’ friend and co-star in the film Kissin’ Cousins; and Cathy Spehar, casino entertainment director when Elvis played Vegas.
- Elvis Radio on-air host George Klein, a Memphis fixture who knows Elvis from his Sun Studio days and who was selected by Priscilla Presley to accept Elvis’ induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, will re-broadcast many of his interviews from the past year with celebrities and others who knew and/or worked closely with Elvis, throughout the day.
- Surprise guests invited by Elvis Presley Enterprises may also visit Elvis Radio on January 8.
For more information about SIRIUS and Elvis Radio, visit Sirius.