Tony Christie and ‘Elvis Presley,’ the two best selling singles artist of 2005 were presented with a presentation disc celebrating their success by Neil Morrissey at a party held at the Café de Paris. The party was held in honour of Elvis making the Guinness Book of World Records for most consecutive Top 5 single chart entries of all time. Since the Elvis no. 1 singles were reissued on 3rd January, he has sold over 750,000 units.
Some campaign facts:
1. Elvis has sold over 750,000+ singles in 4 months.
2. "One Night" was the UK’s 1000th UK #1
3. Elvis is the only artist to have hit the #1 spot 21 times.
4. No artist has ever had 3 different #1 singles in one month.
5. Elvis has now had more Top 3 singles in a year than other artist.
6. Presley has enjoyed more Top 10 entries than any other artist with 77.
7. The releases generated 28,000 column cm’s of PR with an advertising value of £2.3 million.
8. The PR campaign reached over 32 million consumers in the UK.
Source: BMG UK / Updated: May 4, 2005