Quickpoll

After the server problems we were curious if you were glad the site was back; 93% of you was. We do wonder what those remaining 7% of the voters do on our site ...

For our new poll we want to know your opinion on the almost simultanious release of the same August 13, 1970 Dinner Show on the Follow That Dream collectors label - "The Wonder Of You"- as on the Audionics import label release "Stranger In The Crowd". Do you think it is a good thing that the FTD label goes head-to-head with the import world.

For those who couldn't get the "Stranger In The Crowd" import CD, the FTD release of this concert can be pre-ordered through our shop.

Source: ElvisNews.com / Updated: Jun 3, 2009 

Related Links

Elvis Presley on: eBay, iTunes, Amazon, Sheetmusic

Reactions

Natha (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 6, 2009report abuse
I just hope that all of them offer us a wide range of cds, not to try to beat eachother to something. That does not seem in the interest of the fans. Some of the import cds are not up to official standards, so let them do that part for the hard core fans. I am not intending to buy both anyway. For my ageing ears there will not be so much difference anyway.
Rejane (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 4, 2009report abuse
It's not so much that I don't want EPE to go head to head with these other products, it is that I feel they releaes way too many live albums. They are cheapening their own label. They have released in just the first 5 months of this year Standing Room Only, Disieland Delight and now, The Wonder of You. Boring!
mature_elvis_fan75 (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 3, 2009report abuse
Im sorry, i misunderstood your question, the debate is still out on who had the idea first, we all knew this show would come out on FTD but some are saying that the bootleg gave FTD a push! Is this the cover? i liked the other one, if this is the cover, they are trying to copy the bootleg? dont do that, stick to the other cover!
Theo (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 3, 2009report abuse
Hi Mature, Thanks for the quick answer, but you misunderstood me. I meant: Which label planned this particular release (the dinner show of August 13th, 1970) first? Did FTD announce it and did Audionics rush-release it before them? Or did FTD decide this would be their next release after Audionics announced their project? By the way: I read the Audionics release is in stereo (except for the bonustrack), but is it from a multi-track tape or from a soundboard tape?
RonBaker (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 3, 2009report abuse
Why shouldn't they release a 'bootleg' series? Sony seems to have had great success with their Bob Dylan 'bootleg' series releases. I've bought a copy of most of them and will definately be getting the rest. Of course Sony also released Dylan in SACD format....
mature_elvis_fan75 (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 3, 2009report abuse
FTD was first it started in 1999 and Audionics started in 2001 with its release of You've Lost That Lovin Feleing which was from an audiance recording!
Theo (profilecontact) wrote on Jun 3, 2009report abuse
I'm always happy when a bootleg gets an official release. These songs need to be heard by more than the happy few collectors. I'd be thrilled if FTD or preferably Sony BMG would release a 'classics bootlegs' series or boxset. Though not everything is suited for the casual fan, a lot of imports make a great listen, going by the comments on the various websites. So, I'm very glad with this new FTD release and have no problem with the FTD-label going head-to-head with the import world. I was just wondering which label was first: FTD or Audionics? Anyone know?

CD / Vinyl: 10 most recent news items

09/23/2016
09/23/2016
2
09/23/2016
09/08/2016
26
09/01/2016
1

Recently Added Shop Items