QuickPoll Results And New Question

With all the SUN material compilations coming out we asked you if we have had enough SUN releases. The 217 voters could not really make up their minds; 48 percent voted "yes" while the remaining 52 percent voted "no". Guess the mayority of them is waiting for the final Follow That Dream SUN release. Talking about FTD, Ernst Jorgensen confirmed that at this stage the plans for the July 2006 releases include the release of the "Clambake" soundtrack in the Classical Albums series. We want to know if you think "Clambake" is a classic Elvis release.
Source: ElvisNews.com / Updated: Feb 23, 2006 
Elvis Presley on: eBay, iTunes, Amazon, Sheetmusic


see see rider (profilecontact) wrote on Mar 3, 2006report abuse
i personally don't see what the big deal was about sgt. pepper..don't get me wrong..i like the beatles and i like sgt. pepper..i just never understood what all the hype was about it????
Steve V (profilecontact) wrote on Mar 2, 2006report abuse
I remember buying Clambake in 1967 and being made fun of by The Beatles fans in my class. They had Sgt Pepper that same year. We had Confidence. A classic album? I don't think so. It should not be viewed that way to avoid further ridicule.
Dixieland Rock (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 27, 2006report abuse
Boy howdy..... What's this world come to?...lol If "Clambake" can stir a raging debate, then songs like "He's Your Uncle Not Your Dad" & "Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce" must be next.....lol. The question I have is, how did the movie producers take a movie about a rich guy that races a boat & decide "Clambake" is the right title?...lol. That would be like taking the movie "Titanic" and naming it "Wine" because way into the movie someone was spotted drinking wine.
JerryNodak (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 26, 2006report abuse
It just boggles my mind that there's a raging debate going on just because Clambake is supposedly being released as part of the Classic album series instead of the soundtrack series Talk about getting your shorts in a bunch over nothing. No wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
Ciscoking (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 26, 2006report abuse
Clambake... classic ?.....No !! Elvis Is Back...classic ?....Yes !! This says it all...I think.
tigerpawl (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 25, 2006report abuse
All of elvis albums are classics, plus if they are released on FTD label they usually are a little better with the different outtakes.
PTCJones (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 24, 2006report abuse
It would be nice to see some more quality titles in the classic series. We have been given most of the worst ones up to now with a good one now and then thrown in. I have a feeling we will be seeing Having Fun With Elvis On Stage and Kissin' Cousins soon though. Can't wait to hear all the alternate takes of Barefoot Ballad!
Colin B (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 23, 2006report abuse
Originally it was announced that FTD would undertake the re-release of some of the Classic albums and some of the soundtrack albums. This release falls into the 2nd category.
byebye (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 23, 2006report abuse
I sometimes think "quick poll questions" are diffuse, given no clear option on what to answer. It´s like... -Do you prefer "sweets or candy"? A bit more bolder questions are also desirable... Otherwise, a great site!
Theo (profilecontact) wrote on Feb 23, 2006report abuse
I was going to vote 'no', but I looked up the tracklist of the original Clambake-album released in '67, and although there are some pretty weak tracks, the album also features good songs like How Can You Loose What You Never Had, You Don't Know Me & A House That Has Everything, and some fantastic bonus tracks: Guitar Man & Big Boss Man.

Misc.: 10 most recent news items


Recently Added Shop Items