Julien's Auctions Summer Entertainment Sale will feature memorabilia from Elvis Presley on June 26 and June 27, 2009, in Las Vegas.
The 45-plus items from George “Dr. Nick” Nichopoulos, the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s physician, collection include a diamond and lapis ring that was worn by Elvis on his pinkie both on and off stage and gifted to Dr Nick after a concert because it matched his shirt. Guns, pill bottles and a nasal douche used for treating Elvis Presley’s sinuses will be up for sale.
Nichopoulos began treating Presley in 1967 and was his personal physician from 1970 until his death at the age of 42 following years of heavy prescription-drug use. Nichopoulos was charged and acquitted by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners of over-prescribing controlled substances to Presley during the final months before his death
- The nasal douche, expected to sell for $1,000 to $2,000, was used by Presley before each concert to irrigate his sinuses and treat his throat.
- The auction includes nine of Presley’s medication bottles, such as one that held Urecholine, used to treat urinary tract or bladder disorders, and that was issued to Presley a day before his 1977 death. That item is expected to fetch $800 to $1,200.
- An Elvis Presley autographed photograph inscribed to Dr. Nick by Elvis, "To Dr. Nick, My friend and Doctor. Sincerely, Elvis Presley." Valued at $2,000 to $4,000
Heritage Auctions is having a new auction this coming month. The have a few Elvis items for sale.
- Elvis Silk Shirt. Letter of autenticity from Delta Biggs;
- Turquoise Ring, last auctioned at Dick Clark´s auction;
- Guitar from Follow That Dream and Kid Galahad.