Elvis will be in the building this weekend at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, Arizona! The museum will welcome Elvis Presley’s guitar just in time for Father’s Day. Get a look at the iconic Martin D28 acoustic guitar, and learn about a new Elvis exhibit, during a special media preview on Thursday, June 16. As part of the new exhibit, museum conservators will work to restore this historic instrument.
The public can get their first glimpse of the guitar and watch the actual restoration taking place on Sunday, June 19 from 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Conservation Lab. The experience is free with museum admission.
The Elvis guitar restoration headlines an exciting lineup of Father’s Day activities that also includes:
• Elvis photo opportunity: Have Dad’s picture taken with a signature model Elvis guitar
• Kuniko Yamamoto: Magical Mask, Mime and Music of Japan concert for families
• Kuniko Yamamoto: Japanese Origami and Music workshop for kids
• Q&A with museum spokesperson
• $3 local Arizona beers at the MIM Café
• Apollonia dance organ will play an Elvis song