Here is the official press release of the upcoming UK based Memphis Recording Service DVD / book project "Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley".
Memphis Recording Service UK Label releases its latest ‘Tupelo’s Own Elvis Presley’ Music DVD in the UK and Australia on June 11th.
Never before have we seen an Elvis concert from the 50’s with sound. Until Now!
The release is produced by Joseph Pirzada and Co Produced by Joseph Tunzi. The Limited Edition book accompanying the DVD is written by Tupelo’s own Roy Turner and involves many people including the fans who were there, to the likes of Scotty Moore and DJ Fontana. The book is available with the DVD for a short time only.
The DVD Contains:
Recently discovered UNRELEASED FILM of Elvis performing 6 songs, including ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ and ‘Don’t Be Cruel’, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive ‘Long Tall Sally’ seen here for the first time ever.
Further unseen footage contains backstage, the evening show, parade, Tupelo 57 and many more. Please note that the DVD contains specially licensed footage by Fox.
Interview with Elvis at the 1957 Tupelo show NEVER BEFORE HEARD!
The DVD Audio section contains 21 tracks of the two shows from Tupelo 1956 concerts.
LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL BONUS:
The Book - Tupelo’s Own Elvis Presley
The book contains nearly 200 pages of Elvis in his birth town of Tupelo Mississippi. Born into plainness poverty in 1935, Elvis and his parents left Tupelo in 1948 for a better life in Memphis. Elvis triumphantly returns to Tupelo like a tornado in 1956 for a welcome reception bigger than that of President Franklin Roosevelt’s visit to the city in 1934. The book is written by Tupelo’s own Roy Turner, Elvis/Tupelo historian.
See the hundreds of photographs of Elvis both on stage and backstage from the Tupelo events of 1956 and 1957. Included are many unpublished photographs, ticket stubs, newspaper articles and the first known Elvis signature, all seen here FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Available for a short time only.
FULL DVD CONTENT
PART 1: DVD- VIDEO
1) Tupelo Welcomes Home Elvis Presley – UNRELEASED footage of the Parade in Tupelo on 26th September 1956 as well as some backstage footage with Elvis. The audio accompanying the clip are the interviews with Elvis, Vernon and Gladys Presley, Nick Adams and Judy Hopper. Running time: 7 min 41 sec
2) Tupelo’s Own Elvis Presley – UNRELEASED film from the afternoon performance ‘The Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show’ at the Fairgrounds in Tupelo Mississippi on 26th September 1956. Never before have we seen an Elvis concert from the 50’s with sound. Until Now! Running time: 13 min 09 sec.
1. Heartbreak Hotel
2. Long Tall Sally
3. Presentation to the City
4. I Was The One
5. I Want Need Love You & I Got a Woman*
6. Don’t Be Cruel
7. Hound Dog*
* Songs available in parts as no footage exist
3) Tupelo Evening Show Clip - UNRELEASED footage from the evening performance. Running time 0.46 sec.
4) Original Fox Movie tone News Reel 1956 – running time 1min 24 sec.
5) Elvis in Tupelo 1957 - Includes an UNRELEASED AUDIO interview with Elvis Presley and Anita Wood. The footage contains performance clips from the 27th September 1957 show as well as backstage and more. 10 mins 12 sec.
Total uunning time: 33 minutes 12 seconds
PART 2: DVD - AUDIO
21 tracks of the Afternoon and Evening performance from the 26th September 1956 shows. All tracks accompanied with photographs. Total running time 51.13
01 Heartbreak Hotel
02 Long Tall Sally
03 Presentation Key To The City
04 I Was The One
05 I Want You, I Need You , I Love You
07 I Got a Woman
08 Don't Be Cruel
09 Ready Teddy
10 Love Me Tender
11 Hound Dog
12 Love Me Tender
13 I Was The One
14 I Got a Woman
16 Don't Be Cruel
17 Blue Suede Shoes
19 Baby, Let's Play House
20 Hound Dog