The Audionics label will soon release a new live CD titled "Across The Country Vol. 1". This disc has a different concept compared to the three previous ones which consisted of complete concerts. "Across The Country Vol. 1" contain parts of four different soundboards.
This release contains a 12 page full color booklet with informative liner notes and many rare photos taken during July, August and September 1976 tours as well as some previously unpublished Dayton 06.10.1974 shots."
From the press release
Hartford, CT, July 28, 1976, Jackson, MS, September 5, 1976 and Pine Bluff, AR, September 8, 1976 - all previously unreleased. First generation copies of original soundboard tapes were used in all cases. Unfortunately, none of these concerts were recorded in their entirety by the sound engineer, but only parts. The tracks from the October 6th, 1974 evening show in Dayton, OH are a "bonus" and are taken from a significantly better sounding source compared to the previous release of this material 5 years ago.
Amongst the CD highlights are fine renditions of "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)", "Love Letters", "Hurt" (with a powerful reprise ending), a very funny "Happy Birthday" sung to Jackie Kahane's daughter, a dynamite "Mystery Train / Tiger Man", an unusual "Blue Christmas" that's coupled with an instrumental version of "Jingle Bells" (!), a truly stunning version of "How Great Thou Art", a pounding version of "Big Boss Man" and a rare 1978 interview with Jackie Kahane. "Across The Country Vol. 1" is set for July 2005 release.
Hartford, Connecticut, 28.07.1976 (8:30 P.M.)
(Approx. running time: 47:33)
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra / 02. C. C. Rider / 03. I Got A Woman / Amen (medley) / 04. Love Me / 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) / 06. You Gave Me A Mountain / 07. Band Introductions / 08. Early Mornin' Rain / 09. Chickin'Pickin' / What'd I Say (medley) / 10. Johnny B. Goode / 11. Drums Solo (by Ronnie Tutt) / 12. Bass Solo #1 (Blues - by Jerry Scheff) / 13. Bass Solo #2 (Battle Of New Orleans - by Jerry Scheff) / 14. Piano Solo (by Tony Brown) / 15. Electric Piano Solo (by David Briggs) / 16. Love Letters / 17. School Day (Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll) / 18. Happy Birthday (to "Kitten" Kahane, daughter of comedian Jackie Kahane) / 19. Hurt (with last part reprise) / 20. Hound Dog / 21. Can't Help Falling In Love / 22. Closing Vamp / Announcements.
23. Jackie Kahane speaks out in Jim Neighbors TV show, 1978 (03:00)
Pine Bluff, Arkansas, 08.09.1976 (8:30 P.M.)
(Approx. running time: 06:15)
24. My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me (sung by Kathy Westmoreland) / 25. Mystery Train / Tiger Man (medley).
Jackson, Mississippi, 05.09.1976 (8:30 P.M.)
(Approx. running time: 07:17)
26. Blue Christmas (Elvis on acoustic guitar) / 27. Jingle Bells (instrumental, by the band) 28. How Great Thou Art / 29. Monologue / 30. Can't Help Falling In Love (incomplete).
Highlights from Dayton, Ohio, 06.10.1974 (8:30 P.M.)
(Approx. running time: 14:07)
31. Big Boss Man / 32. The Wonder Of You / 33. Lawdy Miss Clawdy / 34. That's All Right, Mama (with false start, Elvis on acoustic guitar) / 35. Hawaiian Wedding Song (with last part reprise) / 36. Johnny B. Goode
Total CD running time: 77:53
Source: Email / Updated: Jun 28, 2005