Wow! Over the past decade, Elvis fans have been treated like no other. We have seen and heard more of one artist than any other in history. From the very earliest recordings to his last concert tours, Elvis has been served to us on a whole bunch of silver platters, a decade long buffet of all things Elvis.
I have now dedicated so much room to all of my "special" Elvis CD's and DVD's that the wall has grown quadruple it's size in the past few years. We have all become so spoiled and used to these treats that any serious fan only expects what the great folks at RCA and the talents of Ernst Jorgensen can provide. It's amazing to mention that way over half of what is now "officially released" has been done so since Elvis' passing, so much that I feel that Elvis will never "truly" die, but will always be a magnetic, ever forward force of music and pleasure to so many people!
So, since I just said that most fans are spoiled and are always looking for something new, I thought I would start the wish list for 2006 and beyond. Here are some of the gems and goodies that I would love to see released. What are your wishes for 2006? Let the Elvis world know! Some may never come to be, but hey, as our man said back in 1968 "...if I can Dream!"
Here are some of my wishes for 2006:
1) Soundboard of June 26th, 1977;
2) In concert '77 released to DVD;
3) omaha and Rapid city FTD;
4) Pictures of Elvis' bedroom taken Today (come on already folks!);
5) "Don't Cry Daddy" Elvis / Lisa duet released (maybe a whole album of duets);
6) Gail Brewer-Giorgio executed at dawn;
7) "Girl Happy" released on DVD;
8) A DVD of Elvis movie outtakes;
9) A "That's The Way it Is" DVD with all the left over stuff;
10) "On Tour S.E." (of course);
11) Complete concerts from "On Tour" released as series of DVD's titled "Sold Out!"
12) Another postage stamp (hey, it's been a while!);
13) "Elvis - The Concert" released on DVD;
Ok, I know what some of you are thinking, Hey dummy, you forgot about ... Well that's the whole idea, let's hear what you're 'itchin to listen to or see ...